Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chicken Soup for the Soul Stories

A few months ago, two of my stories were published in Chicken Soup for the Soul books.

I revisited my senior year in high school for the story "No Silver Platter". As my college dreams started to seem to fade, I had to redefine how I would reach my goal of attending college. I hope students getting ready to enter college will be inspired by my story, as well as the others in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Getting In. . . to College: 101 True Stories from Kids Who Have Lived Through It (Chicken Soup for the Soul). The stories are all about surviving tests, interviews, essays, and everything else that teens have to manage to break into collegiate life.

The other story,"Misplaced Kisses", is found in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Middle School: 101 Stories of Life, Love, and Learning for Younger Teens (Chicken Soup for the Soul). I tell about an incident that really touched me. I still think about now, years later. A friend was severely injured in an accident. At the age of twelve, I learned how precious time and friends are. Middle school kids are really drawn to this book, because it is about them.

Even if you are not a teen, these books were worth reading. A sense of nostalgia is unavoidable, so get ready to remember the bumps and bruises of youth, along with the satisfaction of knowing you made it through! And if you are a teen, all of these stories stories remind you that you are not the only one going through all of this!


No comments: