Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Interruptions

Poor little blog. The new baby blog has taken over all the attention. So for those who are wondering what I've been up to, here's a very brief update.
  • Excuse Editor -- I've been working on this website, newsletter, and a thing I call The Scoop (contests and writing markets) quite a bit. I'll also be offering some new writing (ebooks, etc) and teleclasses/workshops in the future. It's quite a bit of work, putting it all together.
  • Vacation -- From what, you may ask? Does one Really need an excuse to run away to New Orleans? No, I didn't think so, either. I spent a great 4 days around the French Quarter eating, drinking, and listening to LIFE.
  • Writing-- OK, no link for that. I've snuck in some of my own writing here and there, but not as much as I would like. I did get word from Chicken Soup for the Soul that one of my stories is a finalist for a book coming out in the spring, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I also received a rejection (or, a "denied" status) for a short story. It may not have been the same caliber as the contest winner, but I still think it has worth, so I will send it out to other markets.
  • Facebook--This can be an evil time waster or a valuable resource. I don't play any games or anything like that, but still find myself drawn in. I will learn to only use FB for good, not evil. Wish me luck (and friend me:)
Until next time!

No comments: