Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Day before the Writing Conference

Since December, I have been working two jobs, sneaking my writing and blogging in here and there. (One reason this blog has been so lonely.) Starting tomorrow morning, my focus will be all about writing for two days. I won't be writing, per se, but I will be learning about writing--which I enjoy just as much.

Now that job #2 is coming to a close (within the next month), I will be able to focus more on my own writing, so this conference comes at a great time.

A few goals for this weekend:
  • By listening to various agents, editors, writers, I hope to clarify my writing priorities. I have quite a few balls in the air and my juggling efforts are making me dizzy.
  • Learn all I can about the writing process, types of writing and markets, and ways writers market themselves so I can share on my http://www.excuseeditor.com/ website.
  • Continue to build up a support network of writers.
  • Sell my copies of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, especially the latest: Thanks Dad.
But, before I can do any of that, I need to:
  • Give a few census tests in Wichita and Archer counties.
  • Empty my car so that Paula and I have room for our suitcases and books.
  • Pack
  • Sleep (not much, we'll be leaving before the sun comes up!)
Have a great weekend!

No comments: